Mission, Core Values, and Goals
The Academy for Lifelong Learning Toronto is an independent volunteer organization of active life learners interested in intellectual discussion and collegiality through peer study, workshops, talks, walks and other events.
The Academy for Lifelong Learning Toronto is known and respected as a dynamic peer learning organization with an active, diverse and sustainable membership base.
Core Values and Beliefs
Members of the Academy:
- Value intellectual challenge, diversity of opinion and new ideas
- Value education and continued learning in a variety of subject areas
- Believe learning takes place through a variety of activities and formats, including research, presentations and the exchange of information and ideas through stimulating discussion
- Value sharing experiences and ideas with peers in social and informal learning activities
- Believe that a volunteer organization depends on individuals who share a sense of responsibility to contribute to the organization
- To provide a program of daytime peer-led workshops based on self-directed learning
- To promote a collegial atmosphere by providing opportunities for social activity
- To remain a not-for-profit, volunteer organization
- To ensure the long-term viability of the Academy
WANT TO JOIN THE ACADEMY OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org